What we Believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, only infallible word of God (2 Tim 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21; 1 Thessalonians 2:13). This means that God's Word stands on its own - it doesn't need a complement or a supplement.
- We believe there is one Eternal, Almighty and Perfect God; He reveals Himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit with distinct personal attributes, without division of Nature, Essence, or
Being (Deuteronomy 6:4; John 1:1; 14; Gen 1:2, 26-27).
- We believe that all must be born again (John 3:3-5); receiving Jesus Christ as both Lord and Saviour (Romans 10:9), and that salvation is by the grace of God through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:1, 14); in His virgin birth (Luke 1:30-35); in His sinless life (1 Peter 2:21-22); in His miracles (John 2:23); in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (1 Corinthians 15:3); in His bodily resurrection (Matt 28:6, 1 Corinthians 15:4); in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Acts 1:9, 11; 2:33); and in His personal return in power and glory. (Mark 14:62).
- We believe that each believer has been given by the Holy Spirit, the power to overcome sin and that he must seek to live his life free from sin (Romans 6).
- We believe that a believer must be baptized by full immersion in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost as a sign of the remission of sins. This is evidence of the distinct persons of the God-Head and our desire to be known as submitted to Biblical instruction (Matt. 3:15, 28:19).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal damnation (1 Thes 4:13 -18, Rev. 20:11- 15, Jn 11:25, Dan 12:2, Ps 17:15).
- We believe that all believers are entitled, and should ardently expect, to receive the promise of the Father - the baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe in the present day five-fold ministry and gifts of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:4-5, 8; Romans 12; 1 Cor.12, and Ephesians 4:11-13).
- We believe divine healing is an integral part of the Gospel. Deliverance from sickness is provided for in the atonement, and is the privilege of all believers. (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:16-17; James 5:14-16). However, God's sovereignty comes into being; healing is at His discretion.
- We believe that we are one body being members one of another and that the basis of our fellowship is in Christ and in the power of the Spirit (Psalm 133; Romans 12:3-8; 1 Corinthians 12:9 Ephesians 2:13-22, 4:3-6; Colossians 3:15).
- We believe that a believer is a steward over all his earnings and possessions and therefore tithing and giving freewill offering are to be practiced continually by all believers (Malachi 3:6-18; Matthew 25:14-30).