Mar 21, 2020 20:12
Prov 6:16-17 'These six things the LORD hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: 17 A proud look, A lying tongue...'
PRIDE is a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.
James 4:6 'God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble'
Haughtiness (a proud look) is unacceptable unto God.
- Pride of spirituality
- Spiritualize every conversation
- Speak with a different accent or voice about spiritual stuff
- Think they're more spiritual or righteous than others around them
- Talk about how much they pray.
- Look down on or badmouth Christians or other denominations who believe differently than they do.
- Talk about their fasting so that people know they're fasting. Matthew 6:16
- False humility
Humility is seeing yourself and what you do the way it actually is.
- Don't accept compliments.
- Say that they're lower and worse than everyone else
- Tell you that they're humble, "In my humble opinion"
- Pride of Knowledge
Try really hard to confirm the fact that they’re smart.
Get irritated if someone tries to teach them.
- Finish other people's sentences "I know what you're going to say. You were going to say..."
- If questioned they say, "Don't you think I know what I'm doing?"
- Don't listen to the ideas or wisdom of those they lead
- Despise and detest people of other political beliefs. How will you deal with pride so as to be more like Christ?