This ministry is founded on the scriptures:
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.Proverbs 22:6 (NKJV)
Then they brought little children to Him, that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked those who brought them. But when Jesus saw it, He was greatly displeased and said to them, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God. Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it." And He took them up in His arms, laid His hands on them, and blessed them.Mark 10:14-16 (NKJV)
We envision to promote continual spiritual and doctrinal growth as we engage Sunday School teachers in training, teaching and discipleship to our children.
We exist to nurture and mentor children to develop a sense of spiritual growth that will change them to adopt a Christ like attitude that will enable them to influence people within their environment positively.
Our objectives is to
- Develop a Children's Ministry that is equipped with trained teachers, who in turn will train children in what they should learn in a graded set up.
- Address their spiritual needs by raising them up to be God fearing children who desire to enter into a deep relationship with Christ and God's word.
- Engage children in a biblical studies that is interesting and is doctrinally correct with a mind of preparing them to be aware of a world that is increasingly changing to be ungodly.
- Equip our children with Biblical knowledge necessary to overcome trails they face from day to day at their level.
- Inspire them into loving God and His word with all of their hearts, mind and soul.
- Inspire them into learning the art of service, as well as becoming aggressive in offering their service to the Lord at their tender age, and not to be bench warmers in the church.
Our main activities include:
- A weekly age-graded Bible lesson in Sunday School classes.
- An annual Children's camp in the month of April
- A Vocational Bible School for children every August.
- Sunday School Teachers' training and retreats
- Children's Week where children are given an opportunity to serve and minister adults in one way or the other.
- Weekly Discipleship classes for children in the spirit to encourage new members to be deeply rooted in Christ.