Overflow by Loving God
Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.Matthew 22:36-39 (KJV)
God is not looking for church members, He is looking for lovers. It’s the pastors who most of the time are interested in having members. Loving God does not just mean coming to church or participating in the various departments. God is looking for people who will just love more than anything else. Joshua 23:11, Jude 1:21
God knew that they would be a time when the love of many would grow cold and being deceived would be very easy. Matthew 24:11-12.
What does it mean to love God?
- Loving God means obeying God. John 14:23-24. Jesus himself says loving Him goes hand in hand with keeping His word i.e. obeying Him.
- Loving God means Giving sacrificially. John 15:13; 3:16. God himself demonstrates His love to us by giving His only begotten son. In 1 Kings 3: 3-5, King Solomon demonstrated his love to God by giving /offering sacrifices to Him.
- Loving God means loving people. 1 John 4:20-21. It is not possible to love God whom you do not see and not love your brother /sister whom you see.
- Loving God means hating sin/evil. Ps 97:10
Benefits of loving God.
- God manifests Himself in the lives of those who love Him. John 14:21; 1 Kings 3:3-5
- People who love God enjoy God’s deliverance. Ps 91:14; Daniel 3:23-26; Daniel 6:16-22