Dec 8, 2016 00:00
Judges 6:11-16, Matthew 28:16-20
Gideon was found by the angel hiding in a wine press threshing wheat. A wine press is a place where wine is pressed out of grapes but Gideon was there threshing wheat. He was doing the right thing in the wrong place. As a result of his hiding , may be he was only able to thresh enough wheat for his family because he was doing it in the wrong place.
Many times we are not able to do that which God has called us to do because we are hiding from people or circumstances. When we are hiding we cannot be able to maximize our potential. For as long as Gideon hid he was only may be able to meet the needs of his family but as soon as he allowed God to use him, he rescued a whole nation from the enemies who were the Midianites.
Some of us have remained local yet God intended that we be international. We have remained local because we are still hiding in our comfort zones. We must be willing to leave our comfort zones in order for us to maximize our potential. Each and every one of us has the strength that is required to go forth.
Levels of God given Strength:
- 3 John 1-2: Our wellness. This refers to our Bodies, Mind, Soul and Spirit.
- Rom 12:6-8: Spiritual gifts - We need Spiritual gifts in order to move on and conquer.
- Ex 31: 1-6 36:1-3: Abilities, Skills and knowledge. Our abilities, skills and Knowledge will enable us to work.
- Ecclesiastes 9:11: Time and Chance
- What are some of the ways you can ensure that you are well:
- Physically (Body)
- Mentally (Mind)
- Emotionally (Soul)
- Spiritually (Spirit)
- What are some of the spiritual gifts that you have?
- Apart from spiritual gifts which skill do you have?
- What are some of the things you are going to do from here to ensure you redeem time?